Hello readers!! Today is the 5th Sunday of the Summer Blogger Promo Tour 2016!! Today we are welcoming Melissa of The Reader and the Chef and ten of her favorite quotes!!
1. “Sometimes, one must do the unthinkable, for it is the only way to accomplish the impossible.”
Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen
2. “I cannot stop the world from moving. All I can do is be prepared for when it does.”
Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen
3. “Fear can be good, Laia. It can keep you alive. But don’t let it control you. Don’t let it sow doubts within you. When the fear takes over, use the only thing more powerful, more indestructible, to fight it: your spirit. Your heart.” – An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
4. “Maybe sorrow and its opposite, happiness, are like dark and light. One can’t exist without the other. And those moments of overlap are like when the moon and the sun share the same sky.” – Outsun the Moon by Stacey Lee
5. “I am what I am an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth bothern’ with.” – Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
6. “Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal” – If I Stay by Gayle Forman
7. “Our scars make us know that our past was for real.” – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
8. “Sometimes all we have is the knowledge that something extraordinary exists in the universe, even if we can’t be the ones to claim it. Sometimes that has to be enough.” – The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash
9. “There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to man and beast, it is all a sham.” – Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
10. “I hope you will grow up gentle and good, and never learn bad ways; do your work with a good will, lift your feet up well when you trot, and never bite or kick even in play.” – Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Melissa (also known as Melissa de Montigny on Twitter) is a book blogger and reviewer, currently living in Mexico with a degree in Foreign Trade and Customs. Her favorite genres are fantasy, contemporary, and all things Young Adult with a hint of romance (if it has book princes, the better!). When she’s not reading, Melissa loves to hang around Twitter professing her love for books, eating sweets, and staring at her collection of books. You can find her at The Reader and the Chef (her blog), YA Books Central (staff reviewer), and on Kate Tilton, Connecting Authors & Readers.
Thank you so much Melissa for stopping by my blog!!