Hello readers! Welcome to the first Sunday of The Summer Blogger Promo Tour 2016 hosted by The Book Bratz !! Each Sunday, bloggers will be featured on my blog during the month of July. First up will be the lovely Carlisa of Confessions of Carlisa
During the first stop Carlisa will be sharing her top ten book quotes. I can’t wait for all of you to read her favorite quotes!
Top Ten Quotes from 2015–2016
I’m a big fan of beautiful quotes. I love words and the way they can change perspective, teach, move someone to action, invoke emotion. Words have so much power, and so when I find a particularly powerful quote (at least to me) and sometimes when I find a particularly amusing quote (at least to me), I always write it down. So here are some of my favorites quotes from books I read in 2015 and 2016!
1. “Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one’s life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one’s side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music; perhaps…perhaps…love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted Rose slipping from its green sheath.” -Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery
2. “When you meet the one who makes you smile as you’ve never smiled before, cry as you’ve never cried before…there is nothing to do but fall.” -The Wrath and the Dawn by Reneé Ahdieh
3. “Hope? Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” -The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
4. “It’s awful, telling it like this, isn’t it? As though we didn’t know the ending. As though it could have another ending. It’s like watching Romeo drink poison. Every time you see it you get fooled into thinking his girlfriend might wake up and stop him. Every single time you see it you want to shout, ‘You stupid ass, just wait a minute,’ and she’ll open her eyes! ‘Oi, you, you twat, open your eyes, wake up! Don’t die this time!’ But they always do.” -Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
5. “Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.” -Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
6. “I woke naturally before dawn and went to stand watch at the water’s edge. The sky lightened from the color of stone to the soft purple of lavender blossoms, then to the rich blue and orange of a gas game, all reflected in the mirror of the morning sea. As the sun began to glow gold, Kashmir came to stand beside me, very close but not touching, giving me space. Flecks of foam washed out feet. Words came to mind and then melted away like spun sugar on my tongue. Last night, there had been so much to say, but tomorrow had become today, and everything was different.” -The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
7. “It was a small library, two stories high, with thin ladders and impractical balconies and an expensive ceiling featuring a gaggle of naked Greeks. It was the sort of library you’d marry a man for.” -The Madwoman Upstairs by Catherine Lowell
8. “You’ve had your cry, but now you’ll pick yourself up and keep living your life. Doubly, for that sweet boy. Love extra, even if it means you hurt extra, too.” -The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
9. “Maybe great, epic romances don’t just happen. We have to make them ourselves.” -Cress by Marissa Meyer (Kind of cheating because this was a re-read)
10. “Lace held the truth cupped tight in her palms. It fought and fluttered like a moth, but she would not part her fingers enough to let it out.” -The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
Thank you so much for sharing your favorite quotes Carlisa!
Stay tuned next week!